4.19.0-parrot3-28t kernel broke suspend

Well, suspend got broken with last upgrade, analyzing the pm-suspend.log and comparing it with previous kernel (20t) after enabling debug it seems that it hangs after “echo -n mem”.

My system is fully encrypted, meaning I decrypt using GRUB’s LUKS (GRUB_ENABLE_CRYPTODISK=y) module instead of a unencrypted kernel.
Dell XPS 13 9360
BTRFS
GNOME
TLP
SWAP is LUKS encrypted on a separate partition

Both kernel are booted up using cryptdevice=dev:luksname root=mapperdev nosplash acpi_osi=Linux

BR
Ralph

1 Like

have the same issue after the last upgrade ,gets a full Grey background during booting and after that the screen is blank nothing else there.

2 Likes

Hey there, I’m having the same issue as you are. Does the login screen not show, black screen instead, and a white line in the top left corner?

2 Likes

Suspend issue gone with 4.19.0-parrot4-28t

Thanks a lot,

The grey background I can’t say anything to. Using nosplash (do not really the splash :-D)

1 Like

i Think they should try and fix it for us.

kernel fixed some days ago

the missing plymouth theme can be fixed with
sudo apt install desktop-base --reinstall

2 Likes

That is why my Parrot looks weird!

i used this command in the terminal and am still having the same problem.

1 Like

does linux 5.1 fix the problem?

yes ,now i don’t have any problem after the latest update. Thanks a lot

It was the same for me but the mouse was flickering and same with the underscore at top left.
To fix I went to parrot recovery mode and where you type in the password I pressed ctrl, alt and f and typed me password in twice and done sudo apt dist-upgrade and it worked.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.