4.3_i386 Install failure

Partitioner hangs at 36%

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version, edition, and architecture)
Parrot-security-4.3_i386 tested on 2 different (HP desktop, Acer notebook) 64-bit systems.

NOTE: install under VBox to 32-bit target completes successfully. But installing Guest Additions fails with “modprobe vboxsf failed” during initrd-image generation - underlying error is “could not insert…”

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
Burned DVD from MD5SUM-verified i386-security ISO. Used Debian Std install.

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
N/A (intended to be used standalone)

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:
Had other v4.2 32-bit difficulties logged here Sep16. No responses. Am I the only user trying the 32-bit version?

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:
None

Does it allow for you o install the normal amd64 version and then add the 32bit architecture?
Im sorry your post went unanswered, i must have not seen it for some reason that day, most here use the 64 bitt version and then add the 32 bit architecture and whatever 32bit packages they cant find or run for whatever reason as needed. Unless you have a hardware restriction most do not ever really use i386 so probably wouldnt know enough to respond. Ill check back later tonight in an hour or two incase you reply to try and make up for your lost time!

To furter add to the daly, your email wound up in my junk folder where it lay until I motioced it today. Oh well…

The reason I’m using the 32-bit version is that I was testing on a 32-bit machine. I have an old eeePC that is my road machine. Small and light. I don’t game. The dual-core Atom and 2GB RAM manages to passibly run anything I throw on it.

I wanted to throw Parrot onto an SDHC card to have a forensic capability. Up till now, I could run it from a 16GB card, but as more tools get rolled into the distro, it requires 32. No complaints here.

So that’s how I got to using the 32-bit version. I wouldn’t hold it against you if you dropped support altogether like so many other distros did. The normal system there is UbuntuMate, and there’s still a Mint32, so I’m not totally out of luck, Just wanted to something with the hacking/forensic tools on that machine.

yeah unfortunately if youre not using office365 email for websites nowadays you get labled as junk :expressionless:

have you made sure your bios supports/has enabled usb boot and booting from secure mode is off? if it works with a VM then i would say some hardware restrictions or settings are preventing it because 32 bit to my knowledge works perfectly fine with parro. what mode do you try to install it under? try setting debconf lower and see what occurs there possibly

The netbooks predate all the UEFI nonsense, as they’re 32bit only. I can get Mint Tara 32-bit up and running installing to an SDHC card from a dd’d key. That’s exactly what failed with Parrot.

If I’d known what you based Parrot on (some Debian release?), I’d have tested installing that. I’m pretty sure the flaw is the installer. Can’t see that as requiring much rework for your distro. However, my large SDHC cards are all in use now, so I’m not in a position to do any experimenting.

If I’m the only user having this problem, don’t bother trying to track things down. If other users say they’re getting hung up trying to use Parrot32, perhaps you can work with them and get things figured out.

I think the 32 bit should continue to have support so that more hardware is capable of running our distro id reccomend posting in the features section that this is important to you amd if theres lots of responses then we know its important to our users im not sure if we really have a good number to kind of look to in regards to that

1 Like