4.4 Doesn't have WiFi, only Ethernet

Briefly describe your issue below:

Hello,

I am having some issues connecting to WiFi on 4.4. I’m on a Mac and using a VM and I actually am connected to my WiFI and it works but it shows that it is connected as Ethernet. When I try to scan for WiFI signals wlan0 doesn’t even show up

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version, edition, and architecture) 4.4

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental) VM

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no) Yes

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

I would advise you to study a little more into the virtualization software you’re using (virtual box?) we can say with almost absolute certainty this is a perfectly normal operation behavior for many vm software. The vm has no wifi, the virtual adapter is set to see the host network interface as its own otherwise you’d have to create a virtual net interface/switch and bridge the two adapters.
Now you could also give the vm its own real physical wireless device but that would require you to have a real usb wireless device that you would configure in a pass through.

frankly if you’ ve a usb drive or sd card and can boot to usb then just use the live mode and forget the vm’s…just my opinion

vm is useful if the user is doing something else at same time on another system, that’s mostly why it’s still used

but as muroga said, there is no issues with what you said, your VM see your incoming connection from your primary system as ethernet connection, it doesn’t matter anyway because whether its seen as wifi or ethernet it’s the same connection