4.9 wont download entirelly

Briefly describe your issue below:
Ok so im the only one with this problem? maybe it snot a problem and its just me
4.9 wont download all the way, around 250 MB it fails. I tried every kind and only the netinstall finishes maybe because its only 65MB? I searched for this issue and no results says the problem is on my end

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)
well i was downloading it on debian and arch

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental) not installed

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
of course
If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:
cant find any results when I search for this, so its telling me im the problem
If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:
no message just says failed and I tried the torrent and from a firefox and opera and vilvaldi browsers

It has downloaded fine for me.

Try selecting a different mirror https://download.parrot.sh/parrot/iso/4.9/Parrot-security-4.9_x64.iso.mirrorlist (assuming you are downloading security edition)

2 Likes

I have same problem
download end after few minutes

when try select mirror
Screenshot_1

Yep same issue…it stops around half a Gig. I’ve downloaded multiple versions and can’t boot any into live or install. I keep getting fatal grep errors.

You can download from here…Message Digests checked out.

So there seems to be some issues.

If people are still having trouble, torrenting the ISO will certainly work.

Yeah I’d spoke to Lorenzo last night I’ve noticed this happened before I live in Los Angeles he said he seems to think that this area of the world has issues like this which I guess it does I mean this isn’t the first time that I’ve had like you know stupid mundane problems with parrot that has really nothing to do with parrot but if I can figure out a way to host that’s still secure I will they don’t want to keep images in the US for security reasons and I’ll blame them so I don’t know if it’ll be secure but if I can I will start doing that I have plenty of room I have plenty of bandwidth and I have the know-how and the capability of doing it I just don’t know how secure that is and/or if people are going to trust some random person who uses parrot to have images. Will see. so yeah if you live in the Los Angeles area of the United States or you know within I guess a thousand miles up here or something this area just has those kinds of problems with parrot I don’t know why. I’ll try to grab a VPS that’s not in the US and host them there and I’ll I don’t know leave the links in my description of my user on here if you guys have this problem in the future and you can’t get a copy look into my profile I may have resolved it for you and have copies for you or something if you want this is if this isn’t a security risk for myself or for the Name of ParrotOS

it is second time in last month. sad

is there an eta when we can download again? I’ve tried about 10 times, was impatient but that’ll just make it longer for you eh. I’ll wait patiently. In the mean time I’ll mess around with what I have

Try download using torrent or your nearest mirror and see

1 Like

It is a major attack against all mirrors that I can see from my location. I was able to download it with POP ( firejailed aria2 through Tor)
aria2c https://ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de/Mirrors/archive.parrotsec.org/iso/4.9.1/Parrot-home-4.9.1_x64.iso

If you can’t do it and trust keybase you can get it from my public folder https://keybase.pub/qubes_i2p/

Just a reminder that keybase is on Amazon Cloud in Washington DC. It should be available on i2p tracker2.postman.i2p at the end of the week.

DDOS on HTTP. And new mirror in Vietnam is having massive SSH brute force attack from botnet and “not-like-a-botnet”. Most of addresses are from China. By now I can identify at least 4 different attack types / tools (the last is actually a group of same attack vectors).

I ended up downloading this via torrent, but my malwarebytes kept blocking a mirror. Since I overwritten Parrotsec over main windows 10, kind of lost the link it blocked. Started mirror.a*

My iso SHA256 matched with parrots signature using Windows 10 powershell Get-FileHash C:\Users\user1\Downloads\ISO here -Algorithm SHA256
Should be good to stay on this os downloaded if hash matched right? If just a ddos attack nothing to really worry about

The same software has been used against (OSX) HackIntosh over the last decade. Most of the attacks are outsourced so it is hard to pin point the exact culprits. I guess they go to the lowest bidders.

China’s cunts.

why do they want to hack ParrotOS to upload a hacked version so people download that giving them a larger botnet or somthing?

thank you, ive needed this list for so long, I just have to much going on in life and not enough time to even respond at times to community members or even ask “hey whats the mirror link list for parrot” lol

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.