A false sense of security

(Matt) #21

‘Round robin’ or options rotate would use all of them.

You could set it on your router, then just use your router’s IP in resolve.conf (Usually how the DHCP server does it. Including in palinuro’s example). e.g. nameserver 192.168.0.1

(Lorenzo "Palinuro" Faletra) #22

we distribute operating systems not routers, so we have to keep that option at system level, to provide censorship-proof configurations to all our users.

custom configs are things users have to do, but i believe we should offer better documentation on how to do that.

everything in /etc/resolv.conf is rotated with that option in place.

it is hard to do that on your router because routers usually adopt different dns resolvers that do not always support rotation, and not all of them expose that feature to the end user.s

Thanks. I’ll try to build ISO myself. Is it this?

But I doubt it would again break dependecies with parrot-drivers…
It would be better to have repositories like in Debian and not customized for non-free drivers (or programs). Even without them my PC would work without problems. For laptops there are usb adapters (based on Atheros) that uses open source drivers. For work that needs full potential of my hardware I’m using Windows7 with no internet…
There are some updates for MNT Reform laptom btw :slight_smile:

yes, but there is also this you might want to try https://www.parrotsec.org/download-other.php you pick the netinstaller, and see if it gives you the choice of not installing the proprietary drivers (never tried), because maybe you can select the mirror before installation, so you will only need to add the same repo without the “non free”.

true there are usb wifi adapters but, let’s say you need to use the security live iso on a laptop for a test, outdoor, you don’t have wifi adapters, how will you connect to wifi since you won’t have your drivers pre-installed ? that’s why for now it’s not practical ro remove the proprietary drivers because most of us are very dependent of it unfortunately…

(Lorenzo "Palinuro" Faletra) #25

if we we want free software, we need libre hardware to run it on

(ImBigM) #26

“Privacy is a myth”

(Amzker Pro Hacker) #27

Oh LOL
If privacy is myth
Use Windows :wink:

(ImBigM) #28

Windows in my opinion have worst privacy LOL,

(jim smith) #29

I believe DNS leaks have a lot more to do with the servers being accessed than with Anon or Parrot itself.

(Lorenzo "Palinuro" Faletra) #30

cryptography and the math behind it are not

(ImBigM) #31

What do u mean? Is parrot safe?

(Lorenzo "Palinuro" Faletra) #32

it depends on what does “safe” means to you

i made parrot to be as safe as i want it to be for myself, and i believe it is the best tool for my own needs and my way to do OPSEC and personal security

(ImBigM) #33

What anonymity tools do you use?

(Amzker Pro Hacker) #34

That tools
Which added by default in parrot

(Nico Paul) #35

Go read the docs and if you have specific questions they didnt answer then come back here to ask them. Please google or at least read the things we have on them on our site before asking general common questions like this

(Lorenzo "Palinuro" Faletra) #36

mostly anonsurf, ricochet-im and zeronet