After update no video

You’re best bet is to look it up and then find the architecture used (fermi, Vulcan etc) then find if there are supported drivers for linux and then you’ll just have to implement them. Is this a mac?

I will create for intel and for you
Temporary You can use this
Boot from old kernel
sudo update-initramfs -u
update-grub or grub-update
I see .config also need to manage
I will sure work there

Also if that init won’t work
Download boot-repair that will fix boot and if not it set p10 default for now

And best for upgrade system is
sudo aptitude safe-upgrade

i think parrot-upgrade is equal to that now but we will get a definitive answer cause Palinuro just wrote it.

I think it is kernel bug: Current graphic drivers does not compatible with latest kernel. There are many users have this issue. If you haven’t removed -10 version, you can boot it from advanced boot option from grub.

the graphics drivers are compatible. this only affects old hardware. while we pride ourselves on the versatility of running environments, the OS is still designed to be ran on modern (not i386) machines. you should never remove a kernel in case of kernel panic. if you must boot from alt kernel just doi it by the grub screen like you said. there are a lot of people on both sides here; some have issues, others have none. lets try to be extra careful when advising so that what happened here doesnt happen again. It was several hours after seeing the real data roll in from testing and user polls on telegram etc that this may have been able to have been better advised by all of us. we should never escalate situations to hand editing like this without much more information on HW, events etc.

2 Likes

Download Custom Kernel
OK WELL I CREATED
WARNING:- IT'S NOT DEVELOPED BY OFFICIAL DEV ,THIS IS TEST BUILD

Download it And Run Install.sh as root (./install.sh)

I Too much exited , and in Hurry so i not added more functions also not created installer like my other tools sorry for that

I 80% sure it will work
I tested it in 6 various PC in which forst won’t working
But Hardware is Hardware​:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

If It’s Boot Up tell me I Will Fix Other Functions

ALSO IT JUST TEMPORARY , I THINK PALINURO RELEASE P5.* IN FEW DAYS

1 Like

Ill go threw and try this, i can just reinstall if issues come up, i personally don’t mind trying and running code, i may just wait for P5 and see if that doesn’t fix the kernal issue.

edit: This is a panasonic toughbook i was given, figured this would be good for my network/it things.
the model is Toughbook CF-30 MK3

Worked For me
My pc boot up by your kernel
But what exactly happened
When i started it take very long time for boot than normal , so i try with acpi off and it works
Thank you man
And also can i able to go in official when p5 come??

Yes by just use parrot-update or
aptitude safe-upgrade
You able to go in official when new version of parrot release

1 Like

I did try the kernal and to no avail. Ill wait for P5, thanks for the try Amzker

4.5 is planned for a feb release due to 4.4 being fairly awesome (with this one exception being the one exception)

1 Like