Annoucement OpenSnitch on ParrotOS

I’m very happy to announce that i’ve just completed OpenSnitch packaging on Parrot OS. Package now is available on our gitlab and it is ready to test. We’ll add it to Parrot Home edition asap and it could replace GUFW.
Project source: GitHub - evilsocket/opensnitch: OpenSnitch is a GNU/Linux port of the Little Snitch application firewall
Parrot’s gitlab: packages / parrot / opensnitch · GitLab
Screenshot

Installation steps:

1. Prepare:
    sudo apt update && sudo apt install git devscripts
  2. Clone project
    git clone https://nest.parrotsec.org/packages/parrot/opensnitch
  3. Build project
    cd opensnitch
    debuild -us -uc -b
    When run debuild, installation might show failed, missing dependencies. Everything to do is install packages that is showed in message.

Install .deb file if the installation successes. It should be outside of current folder. (don’t install package that contains dbgsym character. It is not needed
  4. The ui might need package grpcio-tools which can be installed by sudo pip3 install grpcio-tools
2 Likes

Very interesting output! Thanks!

Awesome work! :slight_smile:

I feel like the output is a little messy. It could be more simple and can show ore information when use double click or something. I’ll try commit it or create sperate project if i have time :smiley:

I haven’t done anything much but just edit the compile rules and add something to make it work (compile time) on Parrot :smiley: the project is awesome and it will be really really nice if we have this by default.

1 Like

Great idea, for Parrot to have it by default. :slight_smile: