Anon Surf in China

I’m visiting mainland China and Anon Surf doesn’t work here. The app messages state that a connection has been established; but there is no throughput. Also, Onion Circuits doesn’t show any connections; so I can’t verify that Anon Surf actually connected. Also, Tor Browser installed from flatpack (Gnome Software) complains:

[Tor failed to establish a network connection.

Connecting to a relay directory failed (missing pluggable transport - 0.0.2.0:2).
]

This happened, no matter which pluggable transport I selected. It really looks like the flatpack version is missing these.

I’m using wifi through “China Unicom.”

**Tor Browser downloaded from the official Tor Project site works with “meek-azure.”

BTW, I beleive that there is current info in the OONI database.

Thanks, Val

What version of Parrot are you running?

Operating System: Parrot GNU/Linux 4.4
Kernel: Linux 4.18.0-parrot20-amd64
Architecture: x86-64

What method did you use to install Parrot? I used the provided installer.

Configured to multiboot with other systems? No.

Brother
We not able to answer
I think it’s Against of CHINA government😅
Sorry ;
Thanks For Understanding
Amzker

it is not illegal to access vpn, only you have to do it a certain way through certain people in china. the two telegiants (unicom included here) sell legal SIM cards that legally circumvent the GFC (Great Firewall of CN) but they are expensive and thoroughly documented and registered. the dept tasked with the GFC oversight however has no jurisdiction on even foreign companies that provide services to Chinese residents let alone absolutely zero jurisdiction, ability, nor excuse to claim jurisdiction over foreign nationals such as the OP (Valerie) and those whom wish to provide any information to her.

Thank you for your intelligent and knowedgable response.

I have visited several China travel forums and the most informed threads, I have read, claimed that China does NOT outlaw VPNs, but rather degrades the internet connection and causes frequent disconnections, relying on user “impatience” to do the majority of the censorship damage. After visiting about a third of the world’s countries, these are the techniques I’ve encountered almost everywhere. Frequent disconnections have been the most frequent and troublesome of the tactics I’ve encountered, making every type of VPN, including Tor, almost completely useless. I hope VPN providers reading this will take it to heart and up their game, in the very near future.

Thanks, Val

1 Like

it is said that the GFC blocks < = 79 bits and I dont think there is a max but they can typically identify the handshake code fingerprint within 15 mins via deep packet inspection from the edgerouters. very difficult to maintain comms without giving away location because any unsolicited is suspect due to its design. I think this is where the future of fighting censorship and the like by methods like these and possibly whitelisting is headed unfortunately.

Have you Try Port mapping ??:heart_eyes:
Best way
1)Create OpenVPN Port mapping
2)Then Connect with it , ( It Should Connevt without worry)
3)then Use Anonsu

I Send You Map In PM :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:( Bridge With Me)