Anonsurf and Apparmor

Hello!

Using Parrot OS Home Mate 4.10,
Bootable USB was made with dd command, as the web documentation said,
Used the standard installation method,
There is another OS on the PC, but it is on another harddrive (Qubes OS).

I’ve just found, that when i connect or disconnect with anonsurf, an apparmor message will be here: /var/log/kern.log

These are the logs:

Sep 18 10:48:54 parrot kernel: [ 421.766262] audit: type=1400 audit(1600418934.323:54): apparmor=“DENIED” operation=“change_onexec” info=“label not found” error=-2 profile=“unconfined” name=“usr.lib.anonsurf.anondaemon” pid=4873 comm=“(ondaemon)”
Sep 18 10:50:13 parrot kernel: [ 500.803485] audit: type=1400 audit(1600419013.362:55): apparmor=“DENIED” operation=“change_onexec” info=“label not found” error=-2 profile=“unconfined” name=“usr.lib.anonsurf.anondaemon” pid=5030 comm=“(ondaemon)”

It was a fresh install. When booted up the OS, first step was to update the system when it was prompted. After a reboot i’ve started sudo anonsurf start, and and checked the log with sudo grep -i denied /var/log/kern.log, and it was there. Same when stopped anonsurf. Is it something i should take care of, and if yes what should i do?

Thanks any help you can provide!

1 Like

I suggest you use Parrot in Qubes OS.
qvm-create Parrot --class TemplateVM --label blue

For the update ESPECIALLY the first I recommend to install Gnome-Software (Qubes or Not)
sudo apt install gnome-software
REBOOT
Menu -> Software click the updates tab download and click restart.
Regardless if your system restarts or not do a manual restart and updates will install at boot.
Parrot beats Qubes any day out of the box (you have to spend a lot of time with Qubes and configure from scratch to get to the same level as Parrot).

The Download is heavily poisoned so you can download in a Temp Whonix, keybase.io and download from Qubes_i2p account. You can also try from clear-net (through Tor maybe scurl-download from Whonix terminal) https://keybase.pub/qubes_i2p/

Definitely move the iso from a VM to another or you can sudo dd from a USB enabled VM. I use different cleansing that involves optical disks.

Good luck! You are probably taken on some level.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.