anonsurf problems

Briefly describe your issue below:

What version of Parrot are you running? 4.7 Mate amd64

What method did you use to install Parrot? Debian GTK

Configured to multiboot with other systems? no

Running on laptop with wifi.

Cannot get anonsurf to give an IP. Tor browser works, but not anonsurf. Tried stopping and rebooting, but still does not work.

Somewhat solved. Anonsurf does not work with ufw firewall if I deny incoming. Have to allow incoming. Tor will work with denying incoming in firewall though. Anyway to configure ufw to work with anonsurf?

I notice I had the same problem before and i couldn’t find the right port to allow. Have you checked torrc file?

P/s: basically anonsurf create a local proxy and forward all of your traffics so it could be the reason that it didn’t work and tor worked

I ran “ps aux” command while anonsurf is running and the user for tor is “debian-+”.

Ran “sudo vim /usr/bin/anonsurf” to edit the file. Changed the line with "TOR_UID=“debian-tor” to TOR_UID=“debian-+” and seems to work now.

Does show error when starting though:
iptables v1.8.3 (nf_tables): owner: Bad value for “–uid-owner” option: “debian-+”
Try `iptables -h’ or ‘iptables --help’ for more information.

Don’t have more time to work on it today. Maybe look into it later.

From what i understand, this is daemon account that tor uses for the service

$cat /etc/passwd | grep tor
debian-tor:x:113:119::/var/lib/tor:/bin/false

So it makes the error msg.

I ran
$cat /etc/passwd | grep debian-tor
debian-tor:x:112:119::/var/lib/tor:/bin/false

and then I again edited the file using the UID value from above
$sudo vim /usr/bin/anonsurf to edit the file. Changed the line with "TOR_UID=“debian-tor” to TOR_UID=“112” and seems to work now and no error. Gives me an IP and traceroute looks like going through Tor. Anonsurf is running with UFW firewall denying incoming.

1 Like

Let me tell this to our team so other guys can track it

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.