Apt-Get Fixed or not yet

Hi parrot community and Dear Developers, I wanna ask is Apt-get fixed in latest version of parrot 4.10 (currently i’m running) and linux-kernel 5.6.0-2parrot1. I know its clearly mention in update documentation of parrot "pls do not use apt-get " so avoiding that command from start.

Usage of apt-get is not dangerous at all and you can use it. apt-get/apt upgrade is dangerous. Docs must be updated.

1 Like

Thanks for Your Reply

ok so just now i use Ctrl+r to check command history and i think i used un-intentionaly

sudo apt upgrade

while going through some Learning lecture tutorial [ Only used once ]. So sir can u tell what type of complication i will face. ya but when first time i updated my system after Standard installion i use that correct one

sudo parrot-upgrade

and after that i think i never upgrded anything. Even just may be runned the command but since my system was up to date i never recived any installation and not recived any package since i was up-to-date

apt upgrade does a partial upgrade, and all the updates that require new packages to be installed or older ones to be deleted, would be stopped and kept to their previous version.
while apt full-upgrade performs a true system upgrade.
apt upgrade is safer in a release-based distribution like Debian Stable, because it limits the number of updates.
apt full-upgrade is safer on a rolling release distribution (like Debian Testing, Debian Unstable, ParrotOS, Kali etc), because to upgrade some packages while keeping back some others may create untested and broken combinations of package versions.
apt dist-upgrade and apt full-upgrade do the exact same thing.

2 Likes

Thanks for All my Query i love Parrot community because unlike me many user are happy too with fast support from developers.

I HOPE DOCUMENTATION WILL BE SOON UPDATED WITH APT-GET COMMAND AND MORE CLEAR EXPLANATION IN DOCUMENTATION ABOUT THIS FULL-UPGRADE COMMANDS

THANKS PARROT-OS COMMUNITY AND DEAR DEVELOPERS

Thanks for the kind words. We love you too. Yes documentation will be soon updated.

1 Like