Best music library managers/players???

I’ve spent some time reading about different media managers and players for,but i figure its probably best to ask those who have used it for some time and have experience with different programs…

Currently i’m using Kodi,which is okay,but it’s heavy and really doesn’t allow you to manage or edit anything.so,it’s rather limited in that aspect,especially given the amount space it demands…

Plex just doesn’t perform well on the device that i’m using.
i like some of the media players such as smPlayer,vlc,etc.,but once again,you cant manage from them,and i can never seem to sync the library from the external microsd card consistently.

Drop some suggestion…

ah haven’t used any music players
but for videos, i use smplayer. it may play audios as well
give it a try
sudo apt install smplayer

1 Like

I’ve tried it,it’s pretty good…
i’m actually looking for a music manager,so that the files can be edited as well,not just played…
i guess you could say something like itunes…

i’m finding that a combination of kodi for compiling and playing,and music brainz picard for editing and updating information isn’t too bad of an alternative…i mean,it’s not as convenient,but they are both actually faster at what they do than any one music manager that i know of,s, once you get familiarized with using them,it’s a decent experience…

Well, have you gone through this?
List seems fine: https://opensource.com/article/19/2/audio-players-linux

I haven’t ,i’ll check it out…
thanks!

1 Like

I have a dual boot configuration with windows 10 and Parrot on win machine i use musicbee, which provides awesome eq so i wanted to have the similar on Parrot as well tried many players and also that pulseaudio effects(which didn’t worked) and in the end settled on audacious since it’s eq is a little bit closer to that of musicbee

1 Like

LMS - Logitech Media Server (used to be SqueezeBox) - but this is for serious music buffs, is quirky, and learning curve…But it is truely flexible and manages multi-room setups, etc.

https://forums.slimdevices.com/forumdisplay.php?27-Logitech-Media-Server

1 Like

That looks pretty interesting,i’ll definitely be looking into it more…
it seems media servers are the way most are going when it comes to managing audio and video…
kodi actually does pretty well,but it too has a learning curve…
i seem to have issues with addons in linux that i didn’t have issues with on windows…
but when it come to adding files i have ,it’s rater simple…

Audacious is exactly what i needed,thank you!

1 Like