Black screen after login parrot 4.6

Briefly describe your issue below:
I installed parrot security but after login (encryption password) i am getting a black screen and i can go to terminal by doing ctrl+alt+f1 if i boot from usb and choose fail safe mode (nomode set ) everything work fine i saw in log fike an error about lightdm . Pls help i had ubuntu 16.04lts before if that can help

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)
Parrot security 4.6 mate
What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
From usb used etcher and standard installation
Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
No
If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:
When booting :
Acpi error no handler for region
Acpi error region embedded control
Acpi error methods parse execution failed
And on log file
failed to load module mdraif
And lighytdm error

Hi! From your error log I can say lightdm is having issues. I am having full encrypted disk with Parrot 4.6 as well and i guess that isn’t the problem. But i don’t know which version are you using (i didn’t get your information)

If you are using OVA version, you may want to install Parrot inside virtualbox or vmware with iso file. If you are using it without virtual environment, it might be graphic driver issue.
Can you tell me what is your graphic device please?

I am using the last parrot security version i installed gdm3 and everything works fine so i said that the issue is from lightdm but then in the grub i pressed the “e” key to modify the grub and added a nomodeset and everything works fine with lightdm so i think lightdm isn’t the issue then to make it permanent i did vim /etc/default/grub and add the nomodeset at the end of this line GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=“quiet splash”

to be

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=“quiet splash nouveau.modeset=0” then i saved and did sudo update-grub and voila it is working fine every time but is this a good way to solve it , it won’t make damage ? I have intel corporation atom/celeron/Pentium my laptop is acer
Sory i did all that when i was waiting the post to be approved
Edit : I asked if what i did is good and it wont affect me later when cracking and it wont make damage or my pc slow why the topic is closed yet ? should i open a new one ?

so did you solved it. It is a little hard to understand you because you didn’t use .:joy:

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.