Black screen after opening .ova in VB

Briefly describe your issue below:
Hello guys, i’ve downloaded OVA file from your website and add it to my virtual box. After first start i have black screen or black screen with graphical artifacts.

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64) 4.6 OVA

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
Virtual Box

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

Guys, hello again. I’ve tried to do the same thing on my 2nd machine. Both have Ubuntu 18.04 as a main system. Both have i7 but different generation first i7-7770 second i7 - 3610. First have integrated graphic card, second have integrated graphic + gtx670m on board. I think the problem is somehow connected to resolution, by the way it works totally fine on VMware. If you need any additional info plz let me know… I’m really interested to get it to work on VBox.

Update guys, I’ve installed it using iso file and it worked perfectly…so the problem was somehow connected with OVA and obviously Ubuntu as a main system…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.