Black screen on login

Briefly describe your issue below:
I get a black screen instead of the login screen after updating to 4.6

What version of Parrot are you running? 4.6 parrot security amd64

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
standard USB install

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
Yes, OSX

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:
I can still use the TTY but not the GUI, I haven’t tried reinstalling MATE

1 Like

after upgrading to 4.6 and booting from the gnu/linux option from the grub during start-up of my laptop i get a grey boot logo screen with only three dots loading and from there instead of going to the login screen i get a dark graphic display and that’s all. it doesn’t proceed. thus when i boot from the parrot 19 28t but if i boot from the parrot 19 20t everything works normal. ao please help me fix this problem. Thank you

How do you boot from parrot 20t?

you choose from the options part during booting especially if it’s dual booting. you choose options and you will see the various kernel versions or build ups there then you choose parrot 19 20t it will boot normal

1 Like

Thanks I will try that when I get home, I didn’t notice that you could choose different kernel versions.

Once you get a kernel that works well for your system, you may “hold” the kernel which would prevent the kernel from being updated by dpkg / apt. I wouldn’t recommend this normally, but I’ve had to do this for my own laptop due to a newer kernel breaking graphics.

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/63293/blocking-kernel-updates-with-dpkg

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.