Brightness Problem

(Isreal Isaac Femi) #1

Please community, I reduced my screen brightness, now I couldn’t see anything again… Please how do I fix this

(m.javad) #2

May help you
$ xrandr --output VGA-0 --brightness 1

(Isreal Isaac Femi) #3

Good but please I can see anything at all… So how do I run the command

This is by far one of the funniest problems I have read, so thank you for that. if in parrot to reach terminal, use Ctrl-T then try the command given. What else have you tried? Please research this issue further and document what steps you have taken. it is useless to say I have a problem without context or steps taken. Saying I have a problem and expecting us to solve without providing what you have done or the research you have done is a waste of our time and yours.

(m.javad) #5

:sweat_smile:
use this:
1_ press Ctr + Alt + F2 (go to tty)
2_Enter username and password
3_ type : echo 'xrandr --output VGA-0 --brightness 1' >> .bashrc
4_ again press Ctl + Alt + F7 (back to desktop) and use Alt + T for open a new terminal
Now the screen brightness adjustment command will run and you can then delete the last line of the file after removing the problem.

(vladislav) #6

That’s funny but I’ve also got in that problem. I was controlling my screen brightness by modifying /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/backlight file. I also did a script for that:

#!/bin/bash
if [ ! -w /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness ]; then
  gksudo chown $USER /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness;
else
  echo $(($1 + $(cat /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness))) | tee /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness;
fi

If the problem still pop’s out the easiest way to fix it (if you have second monitor =) ): plug second monitor to your pc, and brightness there will be normal) At least it saved me.

Actually pretty interesting how the final brightness is being computed. Value of that brigthtness file has to be multiplied by screen brightness value in power manager (which is %), but where all these computations are performed?