Brightness

Briefly describe your issue below:
Cant find where to adjust screen brightness , in gnome power applets it say "you will not get the slider if your hardware is not supported " and when i go to system then control center then display it say monitor unknown maybe the issue come from there ? what i have to do any solution ?? Thank you

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)
Parrot security os 4.6 amd64
What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
From usb using etcher , standard installation
Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
No
If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

I did /usr/bin/*session
The result is :
/Usr/bin/dbus-run-seesion /usr/bin/mate-session
So i think its mate

• I didn’t understand what nufrog mike said to me

I am on Laptop and i didn’t install any video driver and i dont know if i should or which one to install ? The brightness is set to max and i am writing some code my eyes doesn’t like that at all pls help . Thank you

Ok i fixed it now my monitor is recognized it say laptop monitor and i can adjust brightness from preference hardwar power management or from keyboard fn +=> or <= i dont know what fixed it i did lot of things tha i saw on Google it may be because i installed xbacklight … Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.