Browser Issue

Briefly describe your issue below:
Hello, I have Parrot OS on VBox on a Windows Machine. And in Parrot I am unable to connect to a website via a browser window. I can ping 8.8.8.8 no problem but when I open Firefox and try to connect to a website, it times out.
In the VBox Network settings I have it attached to Bridged, Promiscuous Mode: Allow VMs and Cable Connected checked. My Linux Mint VM can browse no problem, which makes me think it is in the OS.
I could always just reinstall the VM but would like to learn through the fix.
Thanks for the help.

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version, edition, and architecture)

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

I am using Parrot 4.1 x64 bit and I used the Standard Install.
It is not configured to multiboot. It is a VM through VirtualBox.

Has no one seen this issue before? Like I said I could always just reinstall the vm but would like to learn why it happened.

Did you figure this out? I am guessing as you can Ping you are connected. Did you try telnet/nc on port 80/443 to a website to see if it connects? Did you try running Firefox-esr version to see if it is a config issue?

If nc/telnet doesn’t work, then maybe your VirtualBox is blocking http/s ports outbound.
If nc/telnet works, then it is likely a config issue in either firejail or firefox. Try running a new firefox profile, or running it without firejail… as sudo or something.

Guys please disabled proxy settings from Firefox and check it.

Aloke

1 Like