Bug : Duplicate Firefox icons in Mate dock

Briefly describe your issue below:

I pinned a Firefox icon in the Dock widget. When I click on the icon, I expect to see an indicator (in this instance: a blue line) under this icon. Instead, a second Firefox icon appears with the expected blue line indicator. This is very disturbing because this behavior is inconsistent with other application icons behaviour.

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)

4.7, Sec, Mate.

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)

Debian Standard

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)

no

Thanks !Capture%20du%202019-09-08%2014-53-39

I don’t think it is a ParrotOS issue ,but that dock’s issue.Anyway just reμove the icon and you are done.

What do you mean by “rekove” ? If I unpin the Firefox icon, then I will have 0 Firefox icon after closing Firefox.

I first searched for this bug on generic mate desktop (= not Parrot-specific) but I found nothing. That is why I posted here, thinking it could be related to a parrot-specific firefox config.

Thanks for your help.

Sorry typo.I meant ‘remove’.Anyway just to be super clear.When you open FF then the scond icon appears.When FF is not launched there is only one icon?

Yep, exactly.

Maybe thats how the dock works?Maybe try removing the icon and make one for yourself.

No, this is not coherent behaviour: other app icons do not duplicate (they behave like MacOS Doc Apps).

Recreating the app launch icon does not make any change.

Could this be due to Firefox / Firejail config ?

Try to open a firefox and pin an opened instance, remove the existing one.

Traditionally if u pin something to ur dock (cairo or latte) the pinned icon is there and another pops up on the dock, its normal any application u have open is placed on ur dock

If you are using dock (something like MacOS as I understand) then the problem is not our side. You should open issues for the mate desktop authors or plugin authors

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.