BUG - Parrot update dialog box does not accept user input.

What version of Parrot are you running? Parrot GNU/Linux 4.10, 64-bit

What method did you use to install Parrot? Debian Standard

Configured to multiboot with other systems? no

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:
Not that I have located under support.

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:
None

Problem: After the update about two weeks ago (around Oct. 5th 2020) Parrot-update introduced a new dialog box which is totally unresponsive to clicking either the Yes or No buttons. Parrot-update can be run manually, and no other dialog boxes are unresponsive.

Hi. Thank you for your report. I’m the maintainer and current developer of parrot-updater.
As i understand from your information, this is a bug of VTE which makes error for not only parrot-updater but AnonSurf (status function of GUI) and some other projects (you can check Debian bug tracker).
I updated and fixed the problem on AnonSurf and parrot-updater right after i got the first report. The complete fix to fix the GTK warn was pushed 2 days after. So, the code is fixed and it should work fine.
The only problem here is Palinuro didn’t push the package to rolling branch so users still have this problem.
I’m telling him to push the package right now.

Thanks
Kind of irritating that the box greets me every morning, and I can’t do anything about it.
Thanks again.

you can disable it if you want

Working is always preferable to not working. But thanks for the suggestion.

You can switch repo to testing, use the upgrade then switch back again.
But full upgrade will replace it by older version after you switch back to rolling repo

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.