Built-in wifi adapter gone

Briefly describe your issue below:
After turning off monitor mode on my alfa card (wlan1) my internal wifi interface (wlan0) disappeared and now the Alfa card is wlan0. I’m unable to use my internal card even though it shows up when I use “lshw -C network”.
What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)
4.6 20t MATE
What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
USB install

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
Yes, OSX

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

I got “command failed: no such file or directory (-2)”

turn off
sudo ifconfig wlan0 down

turn on
sudo ifconfig wlan0 up
try to reboot after

try installing Wicd instead Network

I recommend using the alpha adapter not in the home system, install the second ParrotSec or Kali Linux system … and use the Alpha adapter there.
Do everything at your own peril and risk, the choice is yours.
Sorry for my English.

Thanks, but I am getting “wlan0: error while getting interface flags: no such device” the only thing that shows up when I do ifconfig is the loopback interface and wlan0 if I have my Alfa card plugged in but no internal. I am using a 2012 MacBook air.

you must wait for experts in this matter.

:frowning:

Try to connect the cable, reboot the system, check the box ‘wi-fi’, probably you have a problem, but not in a computer or software.Focus on being attentive to your actions.

Don’t upgrade to a linux kernel 5.1 and stick with 4.19.
5.1 doesn’t have all the drivers available if you use a broadcom wifi card (macbook pro) or a mt7610 based card

There have been a number of fixes added including DKMS over the last few days, so first thing you should do is check for updates using:

sudo parrot-upgrade

If updates are found and installed, then I would suggest rebooting and see if that has you fixed. If you still have an issue with your wlan card, have a look at this link

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.