Burpsuite Errors

Hii everyone
i’m using parrot sec 5.8 i’m getting burp suite error, unable to open browser.
Details provided in the below screenshot. can anyone help me with that ?
Burpsuite

Yes i am dealing with the same problem and i already installed all the necessary certificates to my browser etc.

yes, i’m also getting the same error.
can we use owasp zap instead of burpsuite ?

yeah that is good as well

Yes but is there a common solution to this problem i have tried many different configurations and for some reason i cant use Burp Suite for testing ???

- Would this be a Parrot OS problem or a PortSwigger program problem ?

Zap only works for automatic test scanning but for some reason does not work for manual testing.

I’m trying to figure out the same thing, it brought me here - I notice the last post was 10 days ago, has anyone figured out a solution yet?

EDIT: I went to portswigger and found this thread here:
https://forum.portswigger.net/thread/v2020-7-embedded-browser-doesn-t-launch-on-parrot-7fdb090b

It was started awhile ago, people still having issues with Kali too.
There is a post there that says you can enable embedded browser in the ‘project options’, I did that but couldn’t find where it explicitly said ‘enable embedded browser’ and wasn’t going to take any guesses.
If anyone has any luck with that, let us know

1- open terminal
2- open burpsuite as non-root (type : burpsuite)
3- Project options Tab, Misc subtab
4-scroll down and find Embedded Browser
5-check Allow embebbed browser to run without sandobox
6-launch embedded browser :slight_smile:

Hmph, not sure how I missed that while there … that’s a really obscure location for that option lol
Thanks for the reply, not all heroes wear capes, Tensha

So I did how you said earlier and got the browser working, but noticed this error message in the terminal:
Your JRE appears to be version 11.0.8 from Debian
Burp has not been fully tested on this platform and you may experience problems.
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by burp.gkp (file:/usr/bin/burpsuite) to field javax.swing.JTree.expandedState
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of burp.gkp
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

I was having no problems with the GUI but I needed to update it so decided to do that before reporting this to the devs as requested. I updated and still get this message though it seems BS itself is working right (I haven’t really tested a lot yet though)

I’m going to report it to the BS devs right now, I was wondering if anyone else was seeing these as well?