Calamares stuck waiting for 1 module - partition

– Please Write here your help request –

I can’t install Parrot OS (or debian or lubuntu) because Calamares immediately sticks.

Unless I use the text installer included with the Parrot os architect installer that doesn’t use Calamares.

It was mentioned by others in the Manjaro forums that it doesn’t like it when I use logical drives (encrypted or otherwise).

Is there a way to force using the text installer instead of the graphical one?

• ParrotOS iso in use:

5.0 or 4.11.3

• Application used for flashing the iso:

Ventoy

• Logs/Terminal output (use pastebin or similar services):

sudo - E Calamares -l

• Screenshots:

Hi. I notice the same behavior sometimes when I attempt using Ventoy with various distros (I distro-hop a lot on multiple PCs). Try using the recommended balenaEtcher on another USB drive.

1 Like

Sadly your solution worked perfectly.

Ventoy had its own partition which prevented Calamares from moving forward. Using a USB I had made before (with unetbootin) it installed perfectly. I could never get Persistence to work, except with Ventoy, and had switched to always using it.

Thanks for the help.

My dreams of having one USB stick, from which I can install 16 different Linux distros, has not yet materialized.

But I do live in a society where 16 different Linux distros can “boot” from a single USB.

Peace.

1 Like

I’m creating a proper guide on this. I just need to fix the grub startup screen lol.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.