Cannot enable second wireless card

Briefly describe your issue below:
Hi all. I tried finding similar issues but didn’t see any so hopefully nothing missed. I’m running Parrot as my host OS. The internal wireless card works great (Intel AC9650). I purchased an Alfa AWUS1900 to use as my monitor card for pentesting. I’ve verified the firmware package is installed and the card does show up under lsusb but I cannot find a way to actually enable it. The only card I can see through ifconfig/iwconfig is the Intel card.

I’m still fairly new so I don’t know if I’m missing something obvious or not. From what I gather looking around Google for a fix, it seems some variants of Linux only support one wireless card? Hopefully Parrot isn’t one of them.

Thank you anyone willing to assist. It is much appreciated.

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)
Linux parrot 5.4.0-4parrot1-amd64 #1 SMP Parrot 5.4.19-4parrot1 (2020-02-27) x86_64 GNU/Linux

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
Debian Standard

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
no

List your hardware specs to include make, model and firmware (when applicable):
Internal card: Intel Corporation Wireless-AC 9560 [Jefferson Peak] (rev 10)
USB card: Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8814AU 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wireless Adapter

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:
Not that I could find

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:
None. Or I don’t know where to look for them.

I figured out what was happening. From reading before I got the card, it was said to be plug and play compatible. When I saw the card correctly listed under lsusb, I assumed it was being picked up correctly and that my issue was elsewhere. I managed to stumble across a kali forum which directed me to https://github.com/aircrack-ng/rtl8812au. Following those install instructions got everything up and running.

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.