Can't configure Windows printer via SAMBA

Briefly describe your issue below:
I am running in a Vmware virtual machine. Everything works great except printing. “Windows Printer via SAMBA” ooption does not appear in the CUPS administration site, (http://localhost:631/admin/). So I’m unable to setup printing to a SAMBA printer on my Vmware host PC.

If I try to set up a printer via GUI, the “Windows Printer via SAMBA” option does appear and I can even browse to find the printer no problem! But when I attempt to install it fails - “Print Share Inaccessible.”

I’m aware that Parrot does not have SAMBA installed out of the box and have installed it without issue.

I’ve been running MXlinux for about a year and setup is soooo simple. Literally a couple of mouse clicks. But with Parrot I’m at a loss.

I’ve compared the SAMBA and CUPS configurations on both Parrot and MXLinux going through all the .conf files and don’t see any differences.

The only difference that jumps out at me is MX is running Cups version 2.2.10 and Parrot is running 2.3.3.

What am I doing wrong???

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)I’m running Parrot GNU/Linux 4.10, Linux 5.7.0-2parrot2-amd64.

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
I installed Parrot from the ISO from the parrotsec.org site

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
No, it’s not configured to multi boot

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:
I don’t see any error messages.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.