Can't find ethernet card during install?

I have been running Kali about a year but think that now it’s time to change to Parrot. I have an MacBook Pro 2015 where I have deleted MacOS and installed Kali. Now I try to install Parrot, but during the install, it tells me that it can’t find my ethernet card, and I have to select one from the list.

Anyone knows how to find the name of my ethernet card, so I can continue the install ?

Screenshot

Hello @MikeString :slightly_smiling_face:

Have a look at THIS

Let us know how it goes :blush:

1 Like

Thanks. The link you posted says BCM4360, my own search says BCM43602, so guess we are pretty close. But that ethernet card is not in the list. Should I just pick another Broadcom card and hope it works ?

1 Like

Nooooo. Every different network and audio cards have different driver. Maybe wait a bit until devs look into this issue :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Ok, I guess I’ll have to wait.

I tried “ethtool -i eth0” to see what card I have, but it says “Cannot get driver information: No such device”

Using “Sudo lspci -v” says “Network controller: Broadcom Inc. and subsidiaries BCM43602 802.11ac Wireless LAN SoC” So I guess it is a BCM43602 I have.

BCM43602 it is then! Are you sure that is not listed in the list of drivers?

And if I try the Live version on a USB stick, Parrot works just fine with the internet. Just funny it can’t find the ethernet card if I try to install Parrot.

1 Like

Maybe I should take another look, with my glasses on :slight_smile:

1 Like

Additionaly, maybe drop the output of sudo lspci -knn | grep Net -A2 here :blush:

What I can find is:
Broadcom B43 wireless driver
Broadcom B43legecy wireless driver
Broadcom 802.11 wireless LAN fullmac driver
Broadcom BCM573xx

But not Broadcom BCM43602

Right then. Let devs look into this :slight_smile:

Should I somehow contact dev or do they read this post and try to fix it by them self ?

Devs are looking into it, Will drop you a response here once they come up with an appropriate possible solution :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I had same issue on my latest install. It detected my wifi card just fine during all live runnings but nothing detected when doing the manual install.

I then did the manual install and everything worked out from there. Look at the driver used in dmesg when running live distro and select that same driver during manual install. Let me know if this works for you too :slightly_smiling_face:

As far as i know Parrot has installed broadcom-sta-dkms by default and it should support some broadcom wireless driver models. And the output of @MikeString is wireless model and i don’t think that is a ethernet interface.

1 Like

It still says the same driver BCM43602 in Live Parrot as in Kali.

Im using a MacBook Pro 2015 which only is wireless. But I guess I still have to select a driver from the list, or not ?

I’m using a Mac Book Pro 2015 and it has no cable connection, only wifi. Cloud it be that I should select “No ethernet card” and hope that there is a wifi connection later in the installprocess ?

sorry i have never touched Mac Book so i don’t really know the answer. But which version did you choose to install? the interface looks like netinstaller