Can't install anything using snap

So I have been trying to install application using snap but I get error everytime. i have attached the screenshot of the error below:

Hi. Are you sure you are connected to the network? It could also be a snap permission issue.

Hello. I don’t know what the issue was but as soon as I restarted my system, snap started working fine.
Thank you for your help though.

I’ve had issues with Snap and Apparmor settings on many different distros in the last 6-12 months.

Since then I just try not to use snap, and that’s been easier than I expected.

I think ParrotOS has some uncommon apparmor / file system structures to provide the extra security, so I assume the snaps are even more buggy on parrot os.

Pretty much everything in the default repositories works well, and I’ve had a lot of success with flatpak.

My only complaints about flatpak is you can’t run firejail on them, and it doesn’t integrate nicely with mate/parrot desktop features like color themes, app dock, and sometimes root vs user issues. Also the file structure is way more complex than your average .deb. But they do tend to be stable and secure.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.