Can't live boot Parrot from USB

Briefly describe your issue below:

What version of Parrot are you running?
Parrot Security 4.7 x64

What method did you use to install Parrot?
None, can’t live boot.

Configured to multiboot with other systems?
No

Dear parrot community

I want to make a live boot Parrot USB-key, but can’t boot properly from my USB drive. The Parrot boot menu starts normally, but regardless of which boot option I choose, the screen turns black with what looks like white pixelated, broken text. It cannot be read, as its ‘smeared’ and cut into pixelated lines of various colors. Keyboard and mouse do nothing. I’ve waited for 25 minutes and nothing changes. This sounds like a graphics card problem, but my knowledge is too limited.

Running a virtual machine using the same ISO-file works perfectly. The machine boots and Parrot works. To create a live USB key I used:

YUMI: Multiboot drive, putting Parrot together with Tails, BionicPup, TinyCore. They work, Parrot doesn’t. Pixelated mess as described above.
Rufus: Using MBR setting, tried using both ISO and DD options. Result is same pixelated mess both times.
Etcher: Same pixelated mess.

I verified the MD5 sig, which is correct.
I’ve downloaded and verified 2 new copies (KDE/Mate), tried both separately, same pixelated mess.

My system runs:
Windows 10 Home
i7 9700K CPU
RTX 2070 GPU
1TB Samsung Evo Plus SSD

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Thank you very much for your time and help.

so i would say parrot doesn` t like your graphiccard. :slight_smile:
there are tonns of posts here in the forum with people they have problems with nvidia or amd graphiccards. maybe one of these have a solution.
i cant test it.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.