Captive portals

Briefly describe your issue below:

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version, edition, and architecture)
Parrot 4.5 x64

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
Idk
Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
No
If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

Hi!

Is it possible to log into a wifi connection that works with a captive portal? If so, how?

Thank you!

Usually its as simple as

Connect to wifi

Open a browser - this usually brings up a log in screen

Fill in required details

Thanks for your answer PC_Mechanic. It isn’t so easy in Parrot. I’ve tried to connect to wifi in different places with captive portals and just opening the browser doesn’t work. I normallly use anonsurf which establishes connections through the Tor network… could that be the problem? In Tails it is necessary to use the “unsafe” browser instead of Tor Browser to connect via captive portals… Maybe I should try connecting before using anonsurf? But if this is the way and I want to connect with spoofed mac address I guess I’ll have to change it manually first. I’ll give it a try when I can, although if in the meantime there’s anyone that knows whether this method works o not, and if not what the right way is (if there is any) could post here it would be very much appreciated ;).

Thanks!

For me, this isn’t just limited to Parrot. I have a Manjaro laptop that I took to a hospital recently, and it woudln’t redirect me to the captive portal.

What DID help, was to find the default gateway.

Two commands you could try are:

user@system:~$ ip r
default via 192.168.0.1 dev wlp4s0 proto dhcp metric 600
192.168.0.0/24 dev wlp4s0 proto kernel scope link src 192.168.0.14 metric 600

and

user@system:~$ route -n
Kernel IP routing table
Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface
0.0.0.0 192.168.0.1 0.0.0.0 UG 600 0 0 wlp4s0
192.168.0.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 600 0 0 wlp4s0

In any case, try entering the IPv4 address shown at ‘default via x.x.x.x’ in the first command, or ‘Gateway x.x.x.x’ in the second command. Doing so should redirect you to the captive portal screen.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.