Changed to default mate after update

Gday,
I am new to parrot os but am familiar with other Debian based OS such as kali Linux. I installed it to my hard drive in my laptop and it looked amazing. But everyone knows the first thing to do after installation is update. So I quickly configured my network mirrors and ran apt_get update and upgrade then after ages it finished and I restarted my laptop. However this time when I logged on it wasn’t the same. It was mate default icons e.t.c

I liked the parrot themed ones how can I revert back?

Latest Parrot OS x64 bit

What method did you use to install Parrot? i have no idea this might be the issue. I installed from bootable USB

Configured to multiboot with other systems? no single boot

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:
Upon boot it says that it has lost the profiles and I have to type disable to logon before I start up parrot.

how did you configure your network mirrors? help, mine isn’t updating.

Did you use apt-get upgrade? For rolling releases, it’s advised to always use apt-get dist-upgrade

Yes i did, is there anyway to revert this?
or do i need to reinstall and not use apt-get upgrade?

i just commented everything in sources.list and uncommented the mirror in sources.d.list

You can always try to just do an apt update and an apt dist-upgrade

There’s an update-parrot-menus script too, somewhere, but I don’t even know what it does

I’m not a team member, just another user :slightly_smiling_face:

If nothing else is broken, I wouldn’t reinstall… I doubt you lost the icon files or anything

You can, if you like

By doing the apt-get update and apt-get dist-upgrade will reverse the changes?

Thanks i did dist-upgrade and then restarted and its back to normal. thansk heaps :slight_smile:

1 Like