Complete system crash during firefox browsing

Briefly describe your issue below:

Advice needed…
it seems that while doing minimum browsing (1 page,sometimes 2) opened simultaneously,the parrot os crashes and doesn’t allow for any further use.
during this i’m not able to click or open anything else,yet sometimes the mouse cursor does still work,but that’s about it…
i cant do anything else but a hard reset at that point…
i don’t recall this issue with previous versions of the 4.9 os,but it does seems strange for such light usage to create such a major problem.

are there any scripts i can run to eliminate this issue,or is it possible that there is a potential kernel issue with my hardware?

you guys are muck more knowledgeable than i,hopefully you can assist…

Thanks in advance,
Newb.

Product Name**|14-ac159nr|

Microprocessor**|Intel® Celeron® N3050 Processor (1.6GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.16GHz) Dual Core|

Memory**|2GB DDR3L SDRAM (1 DIMM)|

Video Graphics**|Intel® HD graphics|

Hard Drive**|32GB eMMC|

Network Card**|Integrated 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet LAN|

**Parrot 4.9 home mate/latest update
**Debian standard install
**multi boot/ NO

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

i wasn’t expecting this to be posted,but since it was written i have tried several things to try and remedy the issue with freezing and OS crashing.
I’ve tried several adjustments within firefox settings,added swap partitions via zshare,which slightly improved the issue,but didn’t completely resolve it.
i reached the point where it seemed uninstalling the Parrot 4.8 firefox browser was the only other option,since doing that and reinstalling a standard firefox with the same addons,i’ve yet to have an OS crash and haven’t seen any freezing either.

That being said,can someone explain what mods were done with the Parrot firefox version in comparison to the standard version?
if so,i’m pretty sure i could narrow down whats causing the system to crash…

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.