Control keys don't work on 2012 13" macbook pro.

– Please Write here your help request, –

After multiple installs, I still can’t get this to work properly. My ParrotOS security installation on my 2012 Macbook Pro 13" will not recognize either the left or right control key. They aren’t recognized in xev. When I use them in a combination it just ignores the key and types the letter. Seems like all the other keys seem to be working, and I can’t figure out why these ones won’t get picked up.

• Parrot version in use (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type cat /etc/os-release | grep VERSION):

VERSION_ID=“5.0”
VERSION=“5.0 (Electric Ara)”
VERSION_CODENAME=ara

• Kernel version (if you are not aware of it, open terminal and type uname -r):

5.16.0-12parrot1-amd64

If someone could help me with this it would be awesome. I tried installing Kali which keeps giving me a black screen, at least Parrot will install. I really like it as well, but the control key not working pretty much makes the entire thing useless, as shortcuts aside it walls off programs like nano. Thanks again!

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.