So i decided package custom Tor Browser package rather than using Torbrowser-launcher from Debian team. Why?
- When you start Parrot, you have to download and install torbrowser from server using launcher script. With this package, you don’t have to download (And you are telling your ISP that you are downloading Tor Browser? nah…)
- TorBrowser from launcher has no extra add-on (Tail has ublock)
- Launcher had a bug of comparing version → cause error of launching / updating
=> What we have here
- I added DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials
- I added Ublock Origin
- Removed title bar for a sexy look
In security and privacy settings, i changed default settings to
- Package installed by apt → Root user. I created a simple shell script to check owner of
gksudo chown -R $current_user:$current_user /usr/share/torbrowserwhen owner is not current user. This is not a short story about permission and root user when you are running something
- Storage problem: > 200mb storage → bigger iso file when build
- Automation update problem: Likely we have to add add-ons manually every time we have new release.
- Unexpected bugs…?
So i’m creating this topic to collect all feedbacks
- You’ll need
- Clone this repository
git clone https://nest.parrotsec.org/packages/tools/torbrowser
- Build package
cd torbrowser && debuild -us -uc -b
- Debfile will be at parent folder of
torbrowserthat you’ve just cloned. Install using
dpkgor anything you like
- Start torbrowser from menu and enjoy