Daily Driver questions??

Briefly describe your issue below:
I just downloaded Parrot OS which I love. I just have 2 general questions which are probably silly to everyone but , the first one is,
How do I change the global color theme? I know how to change it under system settings but I’m still getting black backgrounds in certain apps such a r-studio-data-recovery.
Secondly, if I was to add a repo to the system ( I know it says it’s supposed to be empty ) will it mess up the os? Something such as KDE neon’s repo so I can get all of the KDE destop widgets? Thanks in advance everyone.

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)
HOME
What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
Debian Standard
Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
no
If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

Open menu (whisker menu with search feature, type theme or Appearance in it, it should show you the theme options. Or go to control centerAppearance Preference. Then choose light theme

Short answer: yes. Long answer: it depends on what kind of repository you add.

Hey thanks for the quick reply. I guess I should have mentioned. I’m using KDE desktop so I don’t have a whisker menu. I’ve changed the " colors" section of the system settings but there is still some other applications that are black that I can’t figure out. Besides that, are there any issues with using Parrot OS as a daily driver?

I am using Parrot for my 2 PC (office and home) and 1 laptop. There will be bugs and issues but there won’t be any serioius problem if you use carefully.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.