Desktop Root

Hi,
if i login Root user the icon don’t show . . . (Desktop root is frozen )

parrot 3.11

Go in “System” => “Preferences” => “Look and Feel” => “Mate Tweak”, and enable “Show desktop icons”.

show desktop icon is enable . . but the i con don"t show in desktop root
use the parrot 3.11 and login user root and see this Problem

I don’t know then, this problem has been reported multiple times. Parrot is made to be used as normal user though, not root, so you will have many problems when running as root.

ok … think you

Maybe that answers my question, have just installed and started using Parrot, ver 4 and unable to find a way to create a root account during install.
Is this possible or is it necessary to use sudo and/or su to give root privilege to user.

1 Like

NEVER login as root !! (Lorenzo will disable to login as root)
There is not needed to create a root account during install, just use sudo or su

You can change the root password by type in terminal:
sudo su
passwd root

2 Likes

Why ?
I prefer using a root account
Because the root account is smoother in the use of hacking tools
Of course, I use the system on a translation program
Or put a feature can lock the root account or open the root account and use the root as any other account

that’s the thing, you cannot use a root account as “any” other account, being root you will run everything as root (firefox,vlc), why would you do that… ?

being root does not give smoother use of hacking tools, you type once “sudo” in your terminal and it won’t ask for your password until you close this same terminal(and there aren’t that many tools that ask for root)

Personally I would like to be able to manage my own system and use the root account when its needed, at the moment im struggling to find a way to utilise Lee Bairds discover.sh script because I can’t login as root to view the results.

Use ‘sudo’, you can also ‘chroot’, and the parrot mate desktop has a root terminal. There is no need to login as root, there is no need to actual use the root account. Your user account should have the necessary admin rights to do whatever you want with the proper basic commands.

What ever script/shell you’re using you can change ownership and/or modify the permissions to make you the owner or be able to read, execute, etc. to it with ‘chown’ or ‘chmod’. If the script creates an output file in the root directory change the output destination to your account /home and change the rights if need be. Again basic commands, all executable from a normal user account you created at install.