Disabling wifi/bluetooth by default for live boot

Hello All,

I would like to alter my Parrot Bootable thumb drive running Parrot-security-4.11.1 so that the default state of wifi/bluetooth is off upon boot. Currently, when I boot up on multiple different computers, the wifi/bluetooth is enabled by default. Currently I have to wait until Parrot is fully running, then I open a terminal and run “sudo rfkill block all”, but, I would like for this behavior to be automatic during boot on my non-persistent ‘live’ bootable thumbdrive.

I am clearly new at this kind of thing, but I’ve been unsuccessful in my research. I know very little about boot commands, but I tried to add “rfkill.default_state=0” to the /boot/grub/grub.cfg file under the “Ram” option (the one I prefer to use), but it did not work. Is there a different way to modify the bootable thumb drive contents/files to disable wifi/bluetooth by default?

• **ParrotOS iso in use:Parrot-security-4.11.1_amd64

• **Application used for flashing the iso: Rufus

Just curious if anyone has encountered this before

FYI if you’re editing anything in live, the next time it will always boot as a new system with no changes applied from previous session.
You might have to modify the ISO to get it done.

Thanks Th3, I appreciate the help. I am trying to edit the Grub bootloader vice the actual ISO files themself, which I believe will be persistent and alter the behavior upon boot - like when it chooses ‘to RAM’ vs a traditional ‘live’ boot. Please correct me if I’m wrong though.

Yes
if you alter iso files, then yes they will be applied on live boot

If there is anyone who is a grub expert and knows the proper boot arguments to kill WiFi/Bluetooth upon startup, please help!

Hello. No need for GRUB, you could use rfkill.

Hi Danterolle, thanks for the reply. I’m looking for a way to automatically disable bluetooth/wifi on a liveboot thumbdrive without remastering the ISO, so I figured using a boot ‘cheat code’ via GRUB would be the only way. Do you know any way to do that, either with or without GRUB?

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.