Disk is write protected

Hello There,
I installed Parrot 4.4 os on my pc with Windows 10 already installed with the intention to dual boot, but there was a problem with the grub boot looder. So I wasn’t able to dual boot my system.

My problem is my hard drive of 500gb has become Write protected whereby I can’t install my windows back. An

I realized there is a 3.5Gb partition I can only see with zulumount and It’s in hfs type but It doesn’t appear in gparted.

I also realized that part of my hard drive has become loop ( fdisk /dev/loop0) and I think thats where the write protection is.

I have performed all kinds of format even low level formats but its still write protected. I just can’t get it off.

I need your help :pensive: to get my hard disk back to its rightful state.

Please :pray:t3::pray:

fdisk from terminal may work

Can you show me a line of commands to use am just a beginner. You can remote to my pc if you want to. Its my work laptop.

could you paste the output of sudo fdisk -l and df -h thus we can see what is using how much space.

Uploading: IMG_20200711_120237_067.jpg…

This is from zulu mount

I run Parrot 4.4 I need help in wiping the write protection on the 3.5gb drive which has become a loop partition of the 500gb hard drive.

did you try to format it?,if not then try formatting it with
Gparted or GNOME Disks.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.