Display bugged

Briefly describe your issue below:
when I boot into Parrot os it only shows errors onto my screen, the only place I am able to change things from is the boot menu, because when I boot into parrot it just shows really odd pixel. I believe my parrot is still working because when i use shortcuts or click randomly the pixels change slightly but I have tried everything I know to try and fix it.

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version, edition, and architecture)
parrot os security, 4.5.1 amd64
What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
debian standard
Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
yes, windows
If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:
pictures of the screen: https://imgur.com/a/98ujxj6

We need more information to help you. Is this a new error or has happened every time you booted Parrot? What graphics hardware are you using?

i am using a nvidea graphics card , evga titan x, and it has happened ever since i installed parrot. i also got pcie errors but i fixed them with a “pci=noaer” in the boot commands

Try to run in CLI mode and see what happens. If you manage to login in CLI, try to install nvidia drivers like this; sudo apt install -y ocl-icd-libopencl1 nvidia-driver nvidia-cuda-toolkit … and then reboot normally and cross your fingers :wink:

how to run in cli mode?

i already checked the forums and the docs before i asked. i might have missed something, but i dont think the answer is there.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.