Display/Screen Glitch

Briefly describe your issue below:
Whenever I boot up Parrot OS security, the screen appears distorted, this never used to happen. SCREENSHOT (this is a vanity domain from ShareX)

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)
I am running the latest version 4.8, i have amd 64 bit
What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
Debian Standard - Live
Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
No
If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

Hi! Welcome to our community!

If you’re using AMD’s GPU this is an issue caused by a conflict between Marco’s Adaptive compositor and xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu. Anyway, the fastest way to fix it is to switch from Adaptive to Compton compositor.

apt install compton

Then go to Control Center > MATE Tweak > Windows [Select Compton]

This was my personal experience when using a trusty HP’s AMD toaster.

1 Like

Hello, guys i have a issue regarding the mouse pointer, it show it on an area but when i click it clicks on a different area on the screen.
I have intel prosccer and a 64 bit laptop and my parrot is up-to-date.
Please help me I’m a new on the Ethical hacking thing :grimacing:

Would there be any reason for MATE Tweak to not be found on Parrot OS Security Version 4.8_x64 build?
I’m having the same issue with screen tearing / flickering, it is almost completely unusable and I have to find the perfect spot on my monitors so the screen doesn’t freak out. So I installed compton but MATE Tweak isn’t in the Control Center

Have you tried with another mouse and that one be used on another PC? Just for the sake of knowing if it’s about the device.

Pretty sure it’s there. Anyway, if for some strange reason you got yours uninstalled you can go for apt install mate-tweak on a Console to get it back.

thanks for the reply, I have been having issues since last night with getting Parrot OS to work, but it seems i somehow bricked an older version that didn’t have the mate-tweak, so I re-installed it and this time mate-tweak was there. I was able to install compton and select Marco(Compton GPU compositor) and i can now use Parrot OS there is just a little flicker in the screen.

Sir, the problem is, it scrambles everything that is on the main display exept the top bar, the task bar, So i would need to navigate it with a screen, however it might even be the version as it was not always like this. when I was using an older version months ago, it would not appear like that. So should I try getting compton by trying to navigate or revert to an older version?

I can’t even see on the wifi in my screen then how can Install MATE Tweak? Please help me out I really love this OS but my screen got glitched I dual booted it. I installed the latest version. Your immediate response will be appreciated @Serverket

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.