Dual boot UEFI (Bootloader error) (windows 10, parrot os)

This is the error message I get on ParrotOS, and this is a copy-pasted error message from another person who got this with Manjaro, and I also got it with Kalix (Which I will not be using since I cant even resolve this issue)

Installation failed.

Boost.Python error in job “bootloader”.

Command ‘grub-install --target=x86_64-efi --efi-directory=/boot/efi --bootloader-id=Manjaro --force’ returned non-zero exit status 1.

Installing for x86_64-efi platform. grub-install: error: /boot/efi doesn’t look like an EFI partition.

Traceback:

File “/usr/lib/calamares/modules/bootloader/main.py” , line 420, in run prepare_bootloader(fw_type)

File “/usr/lib/calamares/modules/bootloader/main.py” , line 387, in prepare_bootloader install_grub(efi_directory, fw_type)

File “/usr/lib/calamares/modules/bootloader/main.py” , line 261, in install_grub “–force”])

File “”, line 5, in

The message is identical to mine, except it says “line 425” instead of 420.

Gyazo of my partitions The 58,59gb is the one I want to use for parrot

Another gyazo with more info like file systems and stuff, same partition 58gb one

My system is UEFI, it says I launch with UEFI+Legacy usually but I launch with UEFI only when I do the dual boot installation on my USB.

I use rufus and dd installation on it.

I am also getting same error can any one solve it please…

It happened to me and all i did was

1. Went back to the disk partition on window, delete the linux partition to clear the existing data on the partition ( be sure you delete the right partition)

2. Extend the windows partition to fill up the previous space then restart the system to windows.

3. Start the partitioning all over again then boot into the parrot live and proceed with the installation.

It should work now

1 Like

saya mendapat masalah yang sama juga

Saya menemukan solusinya
Kesalahannya terletak di patrisi boot yang anda gunakan. Saya sarankan, coba ubah /boot/efi (fat32) menjadi /boot (fat32).
Itu berhasil pada saya. Meskipun saya tidak tahu artinya apa, saya Hanya mencoba coba :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Can you explain more about manually partition, what partition should I create and how much RAM for each.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.