Encrypted LVM install of Parrot 2.7 Home

Hello everyone!

Briefly describe your issue below:
After installing Parrot 4.7 with encrypted LVM it says “encrypted device not found” (or similar) after going through grub. I had Parrot with encrypted LVM installed on that very device before.

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)
I’m using (or trying to use) Parrot Home 64bit with the Mate Desktop, version 4.7 beta.

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
I tried all of them, none solving the problem described.

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
No.

Has anyone else encoutered this problem?

edit: Meanwhile I have realised that 4.7 is still a beta, so I suppose problems like this are to be expected. That’s what betas are about, right? I installed 4.6 instead and upgraded from there, which did the job for me.
I suppose I’ll leave this post up, though - maybe that’s a problem worth looking into for the devs?

version 2.7?
what is the reason for using such an old version?
now we have 4.6 and 4.7 beta

Whoops. I did use 4.7, not 2.7, my bad. I edited the above post.
Thanks for pointing that out!

4.7 is beta! :wink:

4.7 is still beta and it has bugs. I am having issues from 4.6 (or 4.5) i don’t really remember, it is showing not found something about sta and it doesn’t have loading screen but that is a small issue and i don’t think it is important.
About yours issue, i think you should try 4.6 version.

please remove your edit end post it to the end of the post!
thx

I had simillar experience:

• Install clean install of Parrot 4.7 beta on spare laptop
  • Installed LVM with encryption for all partitions except /boot (thus root, home, bkup) all encrypted
  • runs to completion and writes the grub record to /dev/sda without issues
  • reboot
  • NOTHING - no boot device found!

What’s up with that - Any ideas?

Parrot 4.6 works fine on that laptop - did it again with default managed partitions and stil fails. Something up with 4.7

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.