Encrypted persistence not keep changes

Hi,

I use the Parrot-security-4.4_amd64.iso image in default environnement on a USB drive.

I tried Encrypted persistence and Français>Encrypted pesistenc. Both of them doesnot keep changes made for pesona Desktop and applications confifuration.

The Pesitence method works.

1. How to get Encrypted persistence workable ?

2. I did not found if Persistence and Encrypted pesistence are linked or not. I mean if I first used Persistenc way and want to migrate to an Encrypted pesistence does this last use the previously confirgured Persistence method or does it create a new one based on a default setting tha will overwrite the eventually existing Persistence method ?

SInerely thank you.

@Anon_infosec is help you

It works only on live USB. There is plenty tutorials in internet. Including youtube.

load linto live from your usb when the desktop appears open a terminal type fdisk /dev/sdb (if this is where your usb driive is located)

now you wiill be greeted with fdisk so press N to create a new partition next just press enter it will use the default settings then press W to write it at the end once this has done open a new terminal type

sudo su
cryptsetup --verbose --verify-passphrase luksFormat /dev/sdb3
cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sdb3 my_usb
mkfs.ext4 -L persistence /dev/mapper/my_usb
e2label /dev/mapper/my_usb persistence
mkdir -p /mnt/my_usb
mount /dev/mapper/my_usb /mnt/my_usb
echo “/ union” > /mnt/my_usb/persistence.conf
umount /dev/mapper/my_usb
cryptsetup luksClose /dev/mapper/my_usb
reboot

once rebooted press Encrypted persistence from the grub menu and it will ask you to unlock your partition, now you can save and it will remain the same whenever you reboot

2 Likes