Error console Cisco ME 1200

how to consol cisco Me1200 with parrot linux, but error minicom port?

Test usb connecting and not connecting.

not connecting
#ls -l /dev/ttyUSB0
ls: cannot access ‘/dev/ttyUSB0’: No such file or directory
Connecting
#ls -l /dev/ttyUSB0
crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 188, 0 Aug 11 23:35 /dev/ttyUSB0

I’ve searched from several sources and it didn’t work.

When connecting device to Parrot computer, what do you see at the end of running:
sudo dmesg

?

It is possible your device is named something different or that you do not have the right usb drivers to use it.

If you like more help send the end of dmesg output so we can see how your machine is handling the usb connection.

Hi, I have a little tutorial to be able to connect to a Cisco device via the console port (tested on my computer with Parrot OS and a Cisco ASA 5505). To start, you need an RJ45-DB9 console cable (if your PC does not have a DB9 port you can buy a USB-> DB9 adapter where you will reread the RJ45-DB9 console cable). Then you have to install through the APT package manager “screnn”, then once the screnn package is installed you have to connect the console cable to your computer and type “sudo dmesg | grep -i tty” to determine the cable port. Once identified, you can connect in console on your Cisco device using the “screen / dev / tty $ YourPort” command and type Enter. You will then have a command prompt for your Cisco device on Parrot OS.

Useful links:

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.