Failed to start light display manager?

(Waleed Al Rashdi) #22

it worked for me thats

(Mike) #23

Hey guys! I’ve been having this problem for days now. I freshly installed the latest 4.x version of Parrot Sec OS and have the latest virtual box version. I tried so many things and i just figured it out while i was on the bus, so here goes:

All i did was fresh install with GTK (the more graphical install UI) - but i believe it won’t matter which you do. Then all i did was follow enteexsoft’s last command - sudo sh /media/cdrom/VBoxLinuxAdditions.run - then command line “reboot”

Works like an angel sent from heaven :slight_smile:

(Lorenzo "Palinuro" Faletra) #24

we silently released parrot 4.1 that fixes many compatibility problems caused by the 4.0.1 release, including a kernel update and some minor improvements

give it a try

(Jorge Carretero) #25

Yes between your update to Parrot and the other solution posted above its all ok now

(Jesus Salmoran) #26

if you having so many issues after installing parrot no matter what version try burn the image on a disk not on usb if ur planing to installed on ur machine … when i first install parrot the lates parrot iso on my macbook i was getting the dim light display thing issue . even know i burn the usb image using etcher and rufus so i try the image on dvd and all my issues vanish . so for some reason when burning the image on dvd it gets all drivers and installation configuration!. after install i did and updates and my macbook runs pretty fast and stable im using the amd 64bit version hope my tip helps

I’m getting constant flashing screens with any install on my Dell Vostro 2520.

It’s stuck in a loop and shows a ParrotOS boot screen in between lines of code. I can’t make out exactly what is failing. Recovery mode doesn’t help. I had a screen dimming error with 3.11 but now I can’t even boot to the login page.

I’m moving back to 3.11 to see if that fixes the problem. Not going to upgrade to 4.x till the display problems are resolved.

(Lorenzo "Palinuro" Faletra) #28

try parrot 4.2 instead