Fails to install system On DVD

Briefly describe your issue below:
I want to install Parrot sec as my default OS so i formated my HDD , everything run well but when Installing the system After it reaches like 26%, I get an error, like this

“An installation step failed. You can try to run the failing item again from the menu, or skip it and choose something else. The failing step is: Install the system” but when i run on live mode everything is OK

What version of Parrot are you running? version 4.7

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
i use both the installation method but all in vain

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (/ no)

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

what did you use to burn the iso image?

Etcher or dd is suggested. Install errors may occur using anything else.

Btw welcome ! :slight_smile:

I use PowerISO to burn the dvd, when its on live mode it works well this show that theres a problem somewher

Screenshot%20at%202019-12-15%2002-02-30 take a look at this image, i only need to use parrotOS as my default OS, is there any way to install it successfully?

here are my Gparted from the live mode Screenshot%20at%202019-12-15%2002-06-27

First off, I would suggest reburning the DVD (or USB stick) using (dd inside live mode if you have enough ram). Some burners do not write the ISO properly. Only Etcher or dd are suggested in the Parrot Docs:

https://docs.parrotlinux.org/getting-started/create-boot-device/

Many report success using the GTK installer at boot.

Try installing this way instead of booting live.

And of course, let us know how it goes! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.