Briefly describe your issue below:
Minor bug: Bootup/Shutdown screen.

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version, edition, and architecture)
Linux parrot 4.18.0-parrot10-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.18.10-2parrot10 (2018-11-17) x86_64 GNU/Linux
DISTRIB_ID=Parrot
DISTRIB_RELEASE=4.6
DISTRIB_CODENAME=stable
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION=“Parrot 4.6”
PRETTY_NAME=“Parrot GNU/Linux 4.6”
NAME=“Parrot GNU/Linux”
ID=parrot
ID_LIKE=debian
VERSION=“4.6”
VERSION_ID=“4.6”

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
Debian Standard from iso

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
no

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:
None yet.

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:
None

Description: Upon boot up and shutdown, as of the update on or around 2019/04/15, the boot/shutdown screen changed from a white circle in the center with a parrot superimposed over a wobbling disk, to a grey background with three small squares with one highlighted. The problem is that the grey background adopts the size of the smallest monitor (in my case, I have monitors connected to VGA-1 [1920 x 1200] and HDMI-1 [1600 x 900] outputs, with the larger, VGA monitor as my primary) as the size of the background. This results in a grey rectangle [1600 x 900] in the upper left of the VGA monitor and the remainder black.
Not a big deal, just appears amateurish or broken.

1 Like

Anyone going to fix this bug? Still present in 4.7 (upgrade using “parrot-upgrade”).

is lightdm installed?

give us the output of
apt list --installed

Too long to post. I have a tar.gz of the list I can place anywhere you want it.

Well the update today (July 1, 2019) brought the opening screen back (the closing screen came back about 2 weeks ago).

From what I can tell, it appears to be a conflict with the vanilla grub configuration and what nVidia tries to do with it (grub updated, noted conflicts, when I examined those conflicts, they appeared to be nVidia settings in the existing grub configuration, so I let the default grub overwrite and the OS now has the wobbly thing at bootup and shutdown.)

I hope this helps people in the future.