file system and download

Briefly describe your issue below:
I super frustrated been really struggling with trying to find out how to download and install packages> I reading all over the web really wish i could find a book or guide can you please spend few mins write out step by step guide on how to download and where to place it far as directory. so from GitHub i trying to download parrot-tools-master.zip i download it goes to download file then what do I do? or If I clone it what steps I have to take see im not vary old and I am special need’s 14years old and im tired of having ask my care giver aka sister cause i have hard time reading and retaining info. i love parrrot securtiy ive tryed alot other easyer distro but parrot is my calling

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)HOME

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
GTK
Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)NO

**If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:**NO

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

Welcome Mac! :slight_smile:

You should be able to install Parrot OS tools safely from official Parrot repository using the apt command. OR, even easier using the synaptic command.
At top of screen Click System —> Administration —> Synaptic.

To search for packages in our repository use this:
apt search PACKAGEDESCRIPTION

(replacing PACKAGEDESCRIPTION with keyword for packages you are looking for)

You can use this command to install:
sudo apt install PACKAGENAMEHERE

(where PACKAGENAMEHERE is the package in question you wish to install)

For additional apt command help, run this command to read the manual:
man apt

There are many other types of package formats out there, each requiring different commands/guides to install. I would start with the above for installing Parrot packages. Outside that there are many guides on Google.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.