Firefox Downgraded

Briefly describe your issue below:

I upgraded my parrotsec os using the sudo apt-get upgrade. after upgrading, firefox downgraded to version 52. How to get the old (I mean the latest version) version back? some add-ons like FoxyProxy and New Hakcbar and NoScript is not supported by this version of Firefox.

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version, edition, and architecture)
Release 4.1 64-bit
Kernel Linux 4.16.0-parrot12-amd64 x86_64
MATE 1.20.1

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental)
Debian Standard

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)
Multibooting with Ubuntu 18.04

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

Hi there!!
Try in terminal this:
/usr/lib/firefox/firefox-bin

I got this same problem. I just tried what gesala wrote but… it worked first time… then I used the icon to enter into firefox to check what would happen and it executed again firefox 52.

Now when I execute /usr/lib/firefox/firefox-bin however it executes the firefox profiler which do not contain my normal profile…

Edited: I did sudo apt purge firefox-esr as explained in another thread and firefox does work correctly this way with my last profile, although oddly the firefox profile manager has a different name than the one I had before. Still it works so, that’s the important fact.

sudo apt purge firefox-esr