firejail optional in kernel 5.2?

Briefly describe your issue below:
hi! it was said that “Firejail is now optional” (Recent updates). I wondering how you intend this. in the sense that my path is still /usr/local/bin and apps start in firejail just like before. Should I manually change PATH variable in bashrc and then use /sandbox/TOOL to use firejail? I just asking if this is the correct procedure. Thank you for all your work. bye

What version of Parrot are you running? (include version (e.g. 4.6), edition(e.g. Home//KDE/OVA, etc.), and architecture (currently we only support amd64)It seems to be 4.7. I installed 4.6 during the trouble days and after a parrot-upgrade I have 4.7 but everything seems fine. sec edition

What method did you use to install Parrot? (Debian Standard / Debian GTK / parrot-experimental) Debian Standard

Configured to multiboot with other systems? (yes / no)no

If there are any similar issues or solutions, link to them below:

If there are any error messages or relevant logs, post them below:

the launchers should automatically be moved from /usr/local/bin to /sandbox with the next system update.

the script is triggered at the end of every apt installation/removal operation. so if this update has installed the new version of the script, it will take effect the next time apt calls it

you can run sudo update-sandbox-launchers manually to update the launchers.

side note. the sandbox is not a linux 5.2 feature. we have just announced the new sandboxing approach and the new kernel release in the same blogpost, but the 2 things are completely unrelated

sorry but nothing changed with upgrade, apt-update or update-sandbox-launcher. I still have apss sandboxed by default. is there a way to make firejail optional?

yep! nothing seems to change…

sorry! my fault. I would read the manual better! firecfg --clean does the job…

1 Like

Keep a note of this link for future incase you have issues with firejail and wish to toubleshoot :slight_smile: It might help

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Firejail

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.