{ FIX TOMOYO} Problem

Hello All

As said in Parrot Blog

Parrot 3.11 release notes

If you have a previous version of Parrot and want to upgrade the system, follow these steps:

Open a terminal window and type the following commands

sudo apt update
sudo apt update
sudo apt purge tomoyo-tools
sudo apt full-upgrade
sudo apt autoremove

OK, as far as I know and according to the Tomyo Documentations :

Tomoyo Linux is a Mandatory Access Control (MAC) implementation for Linux, used for system-analysis as well as system restriction for increased security. It is not designed to offer protection “out of the box”, but instead requires time and an understanding of the concepts and tools involved.

Focusing on the behavior of the system, where every process has its defined purpose, Tomoyo allows each process to declare the characteristic behavior and the resources it needs to achieve said purpose. With the protection enabled, Tomoyo then restricts each process to that set of behaviors and resources allowed by the administrator.

The main features of TOMOYO Linux include:

* System analysis
* Increased security through Mandatory Access Control
* Tools to aid in policy generation
* Simple syntax
* Easy to use
* Very few dependencies
* Requires no modification of existing binaries

So, Why we have to purge and remove such tool from thee system while it is useful ?

5 Likes

When I type
1:disable
2:sudo apt install parrot-core
3 :sudo apt autoremove
4: sudo apt autoclean
5: sudo apt update && sudo apt dist-upgrade

The Machine went off and boot to normal login screen, I log in but I notice some few changes which are the font style, it’s becomes tiny italic font, and there was this foot :paw_prints: print :footprints: logo on the Application Place, System also with Sound symbols Ethernet network connection also, many things just changed, so am kind of confused,

Sorry for my Bad English I hope you understand
Am new to parrot sec Community

don’t worry that’s new upgrade for all

1 Like

Thx bro, I have installed like 6 times Parrot OS and got same error each time… I will try this solution now, thx again bro

1 Like

Colleague, I like myself at the beginning when I started using it. This is because ParrotSec is a GLINUX distribution. This is why your system update command should be: sudo apt dist-upgrade

1 Like

W: GPG error: http://deb.parrotsec.org/parrot parrot Release: The following signatures were invalid: BADSIG ED05F7B2EC3C9224 Parrot Project
E: The repository ‘http://deb.parrotsec.org/parrot parrot Release’ is not signed.
N: Updating from such a repository can’t be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

after sudo apt update && sudo apt dist-upgrade have error

try sudo apt full-upgrade

Hello All

As said in Parrot Blog

Parrot 3.11 release notes

If you have a previous version of Parrot and want to upgrade the system, follow these steps:

Open a terminal window and type the following commands

sudo apt update
sudo apt update
sudo apt purge tomoyo-tools
sudo apt full-upgrade
sudo apt autoremove

OK, as far as I know and according to the Tomyo Documentations :

Tomoyo Linux is a Mandatory Access Control (MAC) implementation for Linux, used for system-analysis as well as system restriction for increased security. It is not designed to offer protection “out of the box”, but instead requires time and an understanding of the concepts and tools involved.

Focusing on the behavior of the system, where every process has its defined purpose, Tomoyo allows each process to declare the characteristic behavior and the resources it needs to achieve said purpose. With the protection enabled, Tomoyo then restricts each process to that set of behaviors and resources allowed by the administrator.

The main features of TOMOYO Linux include:

* System analysis
* Increased security through Mandatory Access Control
* Tools to aid in policy generation
* Simple syntax
* Easy to use
* Very few dependencies
* Requires no modification of existing binaries

So, Why we have to purge and remove such tool from thee system while it is useful ?

As i know, the implementation of TOMOYO was not so smooth as Palinuro planned.

AMD athlon ii x2 250 processor
login loop problem
IRQ not handler